Safety Razors UK
Safety Razors FAQ
- ▼What is a safety razor?
- Safety razors were first invented in the 1800’s, but popularised by Gilette in the early 1900s when they were issued to the US army.
Double edged safety razors like the ones we make at Jungle Culture have removable heads and use razor blades which are replaceable and plastic-free, a fantastic sustainable alternative to disposable razors.
A double edged safety razor always has a protective razor guard built into the head, which significantly reduces the chance of cutting.
- ◄Can I recycle safety razor blades?
- Absolutely! Safety razors are very eco-friendly and all blades can be recycled.
To recycle your eco-friendly razor blades, simply wipe them with a wet cloth and place in a metal recycling bin.
Visit our blog for more information on how to recycle safety razor blades.
- ◄Do all safety razor blades fit all safety razors?
- No. They don’t. There are several different types of eco safety razors. Our razors are double edged and can only use double edged blades.
You can purchase high-quality safety razor blades here.
Or visit our blog for more information on safety razor blades.
- ◄Are your eco razors unisex?
- Our bamboo safety razors and eco-friendly metal razors are both unisex and work perfectly as a reusable razor for women or a reusable razor for men.
Read our female razor guide, an interview with a recent convert to reusable razors!
- ◄Are safety razors good for sensitive skin?
- Using a sustainable safety razor gives a close and clean shave, whilst avoiding irritation to the skin. In order to further reduce the chance of irritation, we recommend using your zero waste razor in conjunction with a quality shaving balm or foam.
- ◄Which safety razor blades are best?
- There are many manufacturers of high-quality razor blades, but here at Jungle Culture we like Derby blades.
Derby blades provide a great zero waste shaving experience with a modest price tag.
- ◄How many times can I use a safety razor blade?
- A good sustainable razor blade like the ones sold on our website can be used up to 8 times per side (total 16 uses). This varies according to the user.