If you’ve swapped your disposable razor for a plastic-free reusable razor, then you’re well on your way to achieving a sustainable bathroom. The next step is to can the can and replace your aerosol shaving foam with some zero waste shaving soap. In this guide, we will cover all the essentials when it comes to using a shaving bar during wet shaving:
- How to use shaving soap
- How to lather shaving soap
- How long does shaving soap last?
- Benefits of using artisan shaving soap
How to use shaving soap
Using your shaving soap is easy - once you’ve mastered the technique. And we’re going to tell you exactly how to lather shaving soap for a luxurious experience.
But before we begin, a quick note to any ladies reading this blog. Shaving bars have traditionally been marketed to men. However, they are just as suitable for women’s skin and in fact are much kinder to your skin.We designed our luxurious Jungle Culture shaving soap bars for women and men alike.
To add to this, safety razors have also traditionally been marketed as a male product, but all of our razors are unisex!
Our moisturising shaving bars are enriched using high-quality essentials oilsgiving each soap bar a full-bodied, rich aroma. So don’t let your fella have all the fun!
How to lather shaving soap
Remember how before you switched over to your eco-friendly razor, you were freaked that those double-edge razor blades would give you a nasty nick? But, then you read about all the benefits of using a safety razor and gave it a go - survived in one piece - and never looked back?
Well, when you start using a shaving bar you also need to practice a little patience whilst you get the hang of it. This is exactly how to lather shaving soap:
- Wet the shaving bar with hot water. Gents, if you’re shaving your beard you can dip it in your washbasin. Ladies, feel free to take your soap into your shower or bathtub.
- Wet the area to be shaved with warm water. Ladies, if you have time you can exfoliate your legs prior to shaving. It will protect your DE razor blades from dry skin and help them last longer.
- Rub the soap directly onto your skin in a circular motion until it forms a lather. You may find it easier to rub the shaving bar onto a soft flannel. Experiment and see which technique gives you the right amount of lather.
- For more lather, you can repeat the method.
- Grab your safety razor and reap the benefits of your at-home barber quality shave!
How long does shaving soap last?
Okay, so now you’ve gotten the hang of it - we have great news. Your invigorating new shaving soap is also remarkably long-lasting!
It should give you at least 6 months of shaving - but potentially up to a whole year. Similar to how often you replace your double edge razor blades, how quickly you get through it will depend on how often you shave.
And now you know how to lather shaving soap and about the long-lasting benefits of using our zero waste shaving soap! If you have further questions abouthow to use shaving soap, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Can you lather shaving soap without a brush?
Our shaving soap is specifically designed to lather without the need for a brush. We have perfectly balanced our range of shaving soaps to lather and foam when exposed to water and gentle rubbing.
Shaving soap bars aren't as foamy as conventional shaving gels, creams or foams, but what they lose in foam, they more than make up for in moisturising goodness!
Give yours a try today and post some feedback in the comments below!